GRADUATE SUCCESS ATTRIBUTE (UHAK 1012 / UHMT 1012)
COURSE INFORMATIONOpen or CloseThis course aims to serve the need of the students to understand and apply the attribute of UTM graduate skills. The course guides students in developing basic skills which consist of communication, thinking, scholarship, teamwork & leadership, adaptability, global citizenship and enterprising skills. This course also prepares them to face the real challenging world. In this course, students will be assessed through various class activities such as individual case study and group project.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Manage relevant information regarding case study from variety of sources to enrich student scholarship.
- Apply critical thinking to propose alternative ideas that lead to creative solutions.
- Demonstrate sense of shared purpose on attitude and behaviour of leadership and work group.
- Show global entrepreneurial mind set in dealing with problems for the betterment of humankind.
SYLLABUSOpen or CloseUnderstanding Graduate Employability and Soft Skills:
Soft skills and employability in Malaysian workplace.
UTM graduate attribute.
Effective communication to understand and respect people.
Mastering Leadership and teamwork:
Concept of enterprise.
Business Idea Generation.
Global Citizen Skills:
Social WorK. Cross Cultural & Global Issues.
ASSESSMENTOpen or Close
REFERENCESOpen or Close
- Byers, T. Dorf, R.C., & Nelson, A.J. (2015). Technology Venture : From Idea to Enterprise. Mc Graw Hill Education.
- Cabrera, L. (2012). The Practice of Global Citizenship. Cambridge, England : Cambridge University Press.
- Delanty, G. (2000). Citizenship in the Global Age : Culture, Society & Politics. Open University Press,
- DeVito, J. (2009). Human Communication: The Basic Course (11th Ed.). Boston: Pearson.
- Goleman, D. (1999). Working with Emotional Intelligences. New York: Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Hashim Fauzy Yaacob (2001). Komunikasi Antara Manusia. Skudai: Penerbit UTM.
- Hislop, D. (2015). Knowledge Management in Organizations : A Critical Intoduction. Oxford University Press.
- Ishak Mad Shah (2007). Kepimpinan dan Hubungan Interpersonal dalam Organisasi. Skudai :Penerbit UTM.
- Mohd. Azhar Abd. Hamid (2001). Pengenalan Pemikiran Kritis & Kreatif. Skudai. Penerbit UTM.
- Mohd. Azhar Abd. Hamid (2004). Kreativiti: Teori, Konsep & Praktis. Skudai: Penerbit UTM.
- Ranjit Singh Malhi. (2011). Make Yourself Employable: How Graduate Can Hit the Ground Running. TQM
Consultants Sdn. Bhd, Kuala Lumpur.
- Seligman, M.E.P. (2006). Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind & Your Life. New York: A Division of
Random House, Inc.
- Sodri Ariffin, Ismial Ab Wahab & Zarida Hambali (2013). Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship. Oxford Fajar.
- Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas (2010). Knowledge, Language, Thought & The Civilization of Islam. Edited
by Wan Mohd Nor Wan daud & Muhammad Zainiy Uthman. Skudai : UTM Press.
- Yulk, G.A (2000). Leadership in Organization. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.